If you’re like us, in your 30s and still waiting on your Hogwarts acceptance letter to arrive in the mail, we’ve created the perfect Frozen Butterbeer drink to get you in a wizarding mood.
A quick note from us muggles: We believe more in the community that has found hope, courage, and a sense of belonging from the Harry Potter story than we do of its original creator.
To quote Daniel Radcliffe … “If these books taught you that love is the strongest force in the universe, capable of overcoming anything; if they taught you that strength is found in diversity, and that dogmatic ideas of pureness lead to the oppression of vulnerable groups; if you believe that a particular character is trans, nonbinary, or gender fluid, or that they are gay or bisexual; if you found anything in these stories that resonated with you and helped you at any time in your life — then that is between you and the book that you read, and it is sacred.”
We agree. We’ve always wanted to sip on a frosted Butterbeer drink mentioned in the Harry Potter series, and our love for Butterbeer is what created our internationally beloved marshmallow back in 2016. We disavow JK Rowling’s comments regarding the legitimacy of transgender women, and stand with folks like Daniel Radcliffe and the Trevor Project -- transwomen are women, deserving of love, support, medical care, and dignity. We also believe that, throughout history it has been proven that creators of great works may not be great themselves. We have seen an amazing fandom grow, and a generation of readers gain from this book series, and we believe that this community is what has had the magic all along.
Now to the happy! Get ready to feel like you’re in Hogsmeade, warming up by a fire wrapped in a giant scarf emblemed with your House, sipping a frozen butterbeer. Using our Butterbeer Hot Cocoa mix, we’ve created the perfect drink recipe for you, but only if you solemnly swear you’re up to no good...
- Our Butterbeer Hot Cocoa Mix
- Milk of your choice
- Our vanilla ooey marshmallow goodness
- Butterscotch or caramel sauce
- Culinary torch (if available)
- Butterbeer marshmallows
- Fill your chosen cup with ice, and then put the ice into the blender.
- Scoop 2 giant spoonfuls of hot cocoa mixture into the blender.
- Add 6-8oz of your choice of milk.
- Add a spoonful of butterscotch or salted caramel sauce into the blender.
- Blend until smooth
- Pour back into your cup and top with a large scoop of our vanilla ooey marshmallow goodness.
- Lightly toast the OMG with a culinary torch if you have one
- Drizzle extra caramel or butterscotch sauce on top
- Add a butterbeer marshmallow on top to garnish!
- Bonus: Add a chocolate frog to the top of the drink for a next level HP experience
You did it! Mischief managed! Now it’s time to relax around Hogwarts or perhaps study for your O.W.L.S -- either way, you have a delicious frozen butterbeer drink. What’s your Harry Potter house?
Did you make one at home? We want to see! Tag us on Instagram or TikTok at @xo.marshmallow using #TroopXO and #BlameItOnTheButterbeer