Not sure how to best display your marshmallow goodies this Christmas? We’ve got you covered. A holiday marshmallow dessert board is a great addition to a holiday brunch or family gathering, and is so easy to make you’ll want to create it again for every holiday! Simply take a large serving platter or charcuterie board, pick a few “inspirational colors” and fill with sweets and treats. Below find some tips to making a sparkly dessert masterpiece, and a list of how we composed our Holiday Marshmallow Dessert Board.
Our Top Dessert Board Tips:
- Think about when you’ll be serving your dessert board – first thing in the morning? Consider adding fresh fruit to go with a mimosa. Later in the day? Maybe opt for a bit of sparkle to make your board really stand out.
- Limit your color palette. Trust us. When you’re actually shopping for items to include on your board, sticking to 2-3 color options will help you make decisions. Plus, it will keep your board looking chic and cohesive. For this board, we stuck to lighter blues and pinks, with white as a neutral base.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match! Pairing different textures and flavors keeps your board visually interesting and fun to eat. I like to think of the main groups as: crunchy, soft, sweet, and sour. A mix of cookies, marshmallows, chocolate, and sour candies ought to do it!
What’s on our Dessert Board:
- Rose Gold Rosé Marshmallows
- Cotton Candy Marshmallows
- Vanilla Marshmallows
- Peppermint and Cookie Coal Fluffles
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Chocolate-dipped pretzels
- Gummy Bears
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Powdered Mini Donuts
- M&M Candies
- Strawberry Shortbread Cupcakes
- Cotton Candy Puffs (note, best to place cotton candy onto board just before serving)
You can find Dessert Board items at local candy shops, big box stores, or at the dessert section of home goods stores. Another pro tip? Serve your board with a hot cocoa bar to create a marshmallow-filled holiday scene right in your living room.