My sister and I were all set to hang out by the bonfire, toesies toasty warm, roasting marshmallows, when BOOM! A huge thunderstorm ruined our outdoor plans. We made our way inside, a bit dejected, and a bit wet. After a brief costume change, we found ourselves in the kitchen, craving something sweet -- we never did get to enjoy our s’mores! A quick rummage through the pantry, and s’mores brownies were created.
Yield: 9 brownies
- 8 ounces (½ Cup) Salted Butter
- 6 ounces (1 cup) Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder (or instant coffee)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ cup Flour, all purpose
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup XO Marshmallow Gourmet Double Dark Hot Cocoa Mix
For the Chocolate Ganache
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 Tbsp. XO Marshmallow Gourmet Double Dark Hot Cocoa Mix
For the Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 8x8 baking pan and line with parchment coming up and over all four sides of the pan.
- Grab a medium microwave safe bowl and add in the butter and ¾ cups of the chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each session, until fully melted.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and espresso powder to the melted chocolate, and stir until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time into the mixture.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and XO Cocoa Mix, stirring until just combined. (Don't overmix batter!) Fold in the remaining ¼ c chocolate chips.
- Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly in the 8x8” baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check Brownies at 20 minutes as oven times may vary. Brownies will be done when you insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache by melting the ingredients in na large microwavable bowl -- stirring every 30 seconds. Let sit until it becomes a slightly thicker consistency.
- Let brownies cool for a few minutes before drizzling the ganache over the top. Then, add crushed graham crackers, and top with vanilla marshmallows, spacing them out evenly across the brownies.
- Throw the pan back into the oven for a few minutes to brown the marshmallows, or use a small handheld kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows. Then, allow the brownies to cool completely before digging in. Enjoy!