It’s Day 12 of our #HotSmoreSummer content, and we are getting a little bougie with our passionfruit s’more. Passionfruit is one of our co-founder, Kat’s, all time favorite marshmallows. In fact, she made us bring it back after it had been in the flavor vault for a while because she missed the flavor. Passionfruit is such a complex fruit in terms of flavor profile, and while often difficult to find -- this flavor goes well with so many things. This gave us an opportunity to try something out of the box.
One of the flavors that pairs really well with passionfruit is the filling inside of puff pastries. Ummm, yes! We decided to roll with that concept and create a s’more around those 2 flavor profiles. This s’more is perfect for pairing with a nice glass of rose or for adding to a party dessert table. It looks extra fancy, but really didn’t take much work to create.
- XO Passionfruit Marshmallows
- Flakey Puff Pastry
- Cream Puff Filling
- White Chocolate
- Find a puff pastry such as a cream puff or croissant. Cut in half horizontally.
- Add white chocolate to the puff.
- Thinly slice bananas and place them on top of the white chocolate. (Pro tip: if you have a culinary torch, you can lightly brulee them)
- Toast your passionfruit marshmallow and place on top.
- Spread any remaining cream puff filling on the other puff half.
- Smush altogether and enjoy!
Making one of our s’mores? We want to see! Post on social media and tag @xo.marshmallow and #hotsmoresummer to show us your amazing creations!