There are a lot of Halloween-inspired cocktails out there, but there aren’t many that incorporate the spicy hot flavor of the Red Hott’s cinnamon candy. This candy is divisive. You either LOVE it, or hate it. There is no neutral zone. Can you guess which camp we fall into? Our Red Hawt marshmallows are a bit...well...hot. But they’re also vibrant, toasty, and very fluffy. Immediately we thought of adding these bad babes to a cocktail that is both a little sweet and a little spicy -- just how we like it.
This recipe is a take on a classic Martini meets a Manhattan. Just add a sugar rim to a glass and mix some cinnamon whiskey, sweet Italian vermouth, and bitters together for a bit of All-Hallows-fun. Top with a Red Hawt marshmallow before serving, or lay one across the top of the glass with a toothpick to garnish.
- Red Sugar to rim glass
- 3 oz Fireball Whiskey
- 1 oz Martini Rosso (sweet Italian vermouth that is bright red)
- 2 dashes of angostura bitters
- 1 Red Hawt Marshmallow, for garnish
- Chill a martini glass. Use a paper towel to gently wet the rim of the glass.
- Spread out sugar on a large plate and roll the rim of the glass in sugar.
- Add the whiskey, rosso, bitters, and ice to a cocktail shaker or glass. Shake (or stir if you prefer!).
- Strain the cocktail into the chilled martini glass. Top with a Red Hawt Marshmallow.
Want to skip the alcohol? No problem! Just mix ginger beer or craft ginger ale (you want that kick of ginger!) with cinnamon simple syrup, and ice. Add a cinnamon stick and a Red Hawt marshmallow to garnish. Enjoy!