There are two kinds of people out there - those that grew up with pecan pie at every fall gathering and those who (sadly) missed out on all the delicious pie-love. This year for Thanksgiving, we are treating all of our traditions to a little XO Marshmallow makeover. That means bringing together pecan-loving Lindzi with dessert-obsessed Kat to make your holiday weekend the absolute sweetest. As for us? We need a dessert that is easy and safe for our gluten-intolerant friends and family.
Let us present the SUPER EASY, Gluten-Free Graham Cracker Crust Pecan Pie!
For the Crust:
- 1-⅕ cups crushed gluten-free graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 7 Tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling:
- Trader Joe’s Pecan Pie Filling in a Jar
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Combine the crushed graham crackers, sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl. Add the melted butter and use a fork to combine.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into a pie pan or into a springform pan if you want more of a cheesecake look. Use fingers to spread the mixture out and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake crust in oven for 6-7 minutes or until slightly golden. Take out of the oven and set aside to chill completely.
- In a medium bowl, add pecan pie filling, melted butter, and 3 large eggs. Whisk to combine. Add the ½ cup of maple syrup and cornstarch and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the pecan pie filling into the prebaked crust. Pop back into the oven for about 40 minutes or until set.
- Note: After the first 20 minutes, check on the pie. If edges and top seem dark, simply add an aluminum foil dome top to prevent burning.
- Once done, pull from the oven and place on a wire rack allowing it to cool to room temperature. When ready to serve, toss a few Pecan Pie Marshmallows on the side or on top to melt!
We love the fact that this filling has that ooey gooey sweetness we love at XO Marshmallow. Plus, it saves us the stress of having to buy a bunch of extra ingredients. The graham cracker crust offers a cookie-like texture without an overly sweet base, letting the toasty pecans really shine.
We love families of all sizes here at XO Marshmallow. Whip up this pie for your family’s Thanksgiving, or grab a fork and dive into it all on your own! P.S. nothing finishes off a happy holiday meal than a box of XO Marshmallows ;)